• If you wax, do so 2 days before tanning; wax residue can reduce the ability of your skin to absorb tanning lotions.
• Shave the night before you intend to spray tan.
• Exfoliation is key; removing any dead cells and body oils will help the sunless tanner penetrate your skin and give you the best results.
• Do not use deodorant, makeup, perfume or moisturizers prior to the tanning. Lotions can act as a barrier & prevent the solution from contacting your skin. (This will create streaking).
• You may tan in the garment of your choice. Bathing suits and underwear work well, but you are welcome to tan in the nude as all rooms are completely private.
• Some customers prefer to wear loose-fitting dark-colored clothing and flip-flops because some of the bronzer can rub off on your clothing. However if you follow the Mystic procedures and take a few moments to air dry this is not really necessary.
Post- Tanning (within 4 hours of your Mystic tan)
• Do not wash your hands
• Do not put on tight clothing until your solution has dried (just a few minutes).
• Do not exercise (first day). Perspiring immediately after tanning alters the chemical reaction of the solution changing its color.
• Do not swim or immerse in water (showering within 4 hours will neutralize the solution and it will stop developing)
• Do not apply moisturizer
,Maintaining your Mystic Tan
• On average, your Mystic tan should last seven days.
• If you’re able, wait at least 8 hours before showering. You may see color washing off the first time you shower, this is normal.
• Applying moisturizer after the shower and everyday after your sunless tanning session will prolong your tan. Our tanning professionals can recommend great tan extenders and post Mystic lotions to extend your Mystic tan.
• Do not take long hot baths or showers, this can reduce the longevity of your Mystic tan.
• Chlorine from a pool/jacuzzi can cause your Mystic tan to fade faster.